Sunday, September 16, 2012

I'm kind of new at this, so... I've done a lot of things in my life, but this is one thing I've managed to squeeze my way out of. Either way, I somehow managed to complete Pure at Heart, and it has been a terrific experience. I've written many, many, many, MANY, did I mention MANY books over the years, ever since the young age of 7 years old. Six years have passed since the finishing of my first mystery short story (about 18000 words) Janestry, and I finally made my first urban fantasy novel published. I'm SO happy. Like, literally. Never had I imagined I would gather enough courage and willingness to complete this book, and truth be told--I'm proud of it. And I'm proud of the work I put into it--you know, after I realized that this book might actually be worth a shot ;P... Anyways, althought I acknowledge the fact that I am not the best writer, and it would need much more time for a 13 year old to write and edit a 348 page book, I have to say that I wouldn't wish for anything else than what I have wrote. I am completely satisfied and happy with the work I have done over the last 1.5 to 2 years. Thank, GOD, I read all those urban fantasy and paranormal romance novels. THOSE helped me SO SOSOSOSOSOSO much. I can't even explain it. I fell in love with urban fantasy novels after I read Twilight. I know, I know. I actually didn't like it that much, but I knew that it was a topic that I liked very much. And look that, whoo, now I suddenly am a published author of a supernatural novel? Twilight wasn't the best, I knew that, and there were DOZENS of books better than that. Anyways, I guess this is not the end, but the beginning (of a new era, maybe?). I want to write more and more books over the years and I hope that Pure at Heart isn't the end. In fact, it's just a start. A start through a whole knew world of being an author and selling and buying and reading books :) I love books, and although my time to read decreases as I grow older, my love will always be there. If there is one thing that I couldn't survive without, it would be books. Thanks, again :) And please read Pure at Heart. I would appreciate ANY types of reviews just so I can work on my author-ism.

No comments:

Post a Comment