Sunday, October 7, 2012

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dystopian fiction is not always my on my list of favorite books. I read the first book of the Uglies series and I HATED it. I have no idea how people like that series. The characters were so fake and the idea and theme of the story was completely unrealistic and stupid.
My second dystopian "romance" fiction was Matched, which I thought was okay, but it wasn't that great either. Matched has one central theme, getting paired up with someone. It was all romance and no action. I didn't like that about it.
However, Delirium is a masterpiece. There is one central theme: Love is a disease. The whole book is based on that theme, and that's what I liked about it. Lena falls in love with an Invalid, Alex. The writing was incredible and totally realistic which is awesome. I mean a book can be fiction and still be realistic. I mean that's what people say about something has nothing to do with whether the theme is fake or not.
Overall, loved it but not my favorite book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment