Monday, October 8, 2012

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Evermore (The Immortals, #1)Evermore by Alyson Noel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm actually like this. Or maybe these book's are just legitimately really good.
Is it just me, or am I completely obsessed with books, whose main character's name starts with an E-V.
Eva, from Pure at Heart.
Evie, from Paranormalcy.
Ever, from Evermore.

I just love the names--all of them.

When Ever's life turns upside down after a terrible crash, claiming the deaths of her sister, and both her parents, Ever moved in with her aunt. A new school, a new house, and especially a new life. Ever since the accident, she's been able to hear people's thoughts, see their aura's, and can read their deepest darkest secrets just by one touch.

When she meets Damen, the new guy in the school--he's the only person Ever can't figure out anything about. She is drawn into a world of questions, and barely any answers, as the story moves on.

This book, I have to admit, is pretty good. And like many other books I've read, it's not the best and it's not the worst. I was a bit hesitant to read it after seeing the terrible reviews, but I was surprised to know it was nothing like what people described. Yes, it was cheesy in places, and the book was basically as a whole, a cliche. There's nothing new about it, but it's okay. I've read many many many books like this before, and I would have to say, this is the only one I actually remember what goes on.

As for the next books, I can't say the same. The author seems to be stretching it too much, and that's what I hate most. When a series ends--it ends. And you can't change it. Ever was done with her journey a long time ago, Alyson Noel--I think it's time for her to rest.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment