Monday, October 8, 2012

Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl (Stargirl, #1)Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the kind of book that just makes me smile, no matter how irritating it is sometimes.

There aren't a lot of books like that, for me anyway. For some books like this, I have a love-hate relationship with it. Sometimes, I feel like I just have to shut the book and just replay the scene over and over in my head until I have it in my dreams. It's just everything about that scene seems perfect, well thought-out, and just amazing. Other times, I feel like pulling my hair out and screaming, "WHY?!"
And that's exactly what's so good. Stargirl made me laugh, cry, smile, and get angry. That's exactly what good books do. They bring out the emotion in you, and Stargirl did exactly that.
The book was a new idea, and Jerry Spinelli did an amazing job interpreting it.
This is like a once-in-a-life-time read, and I'm glad I did read it, or I wouldn't know what's so great about a book like this, especially when the summary didn't interest me at all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment